FINANCING HEAT PUMPS AND WATER HEATERS
Cut energy costs and improve comfort with an energy-efficient electric heat pump. Gibson EMC heat pump loans:
Pay for heat pump equipment, installation and even added insulation, upon credit approval.
Are available to qualified applicants who are Gibson EMC members and legal owners of the property where the heat pumps are to be installed.
Have attractive terms — 7% APR; payments spread over 10 years; $45 UCC-1 fixture filing fee; no down-payment; payments added to electric bill.
Have maximum loan amounts -- $12,500 for a single heat pump; $15,000 for multiple units or an advanced heat pump.
Are not transferable. Balances of loans must be paid to release liens.
Can be purchased though any of our qualified Quality Contractor Network heat pump dealers. Heat pumps must meet all manufacturer and program specifications. Inspections will be conducted by a Gibson EMC certified technician.
Your energy-efficient electric water heater can also be financed by Gibson EMC. The water heater purchase and installation is convenient -- visit a local participating dealer and make your selection. Gibson EMC pays the dealer and sets up interest-free financing for 36 months on your electric bill. Maximum loan amount for Gibson EMC financed water heaters is $600.
Submit a heat pump loan application HERE. For additional details or to apply for a water heater, call (731) 855-4740, ext. 1615, request more information HERE, or contact your local Gibson EMC member service center.
GREEN POWER SWITCH
We can help you make the Green Power Switch. By participating, you help advance the technology and increase the amount of electricity generated from cleaner sources. In the spirit of renewability, the dollars from every block of green power you buy go directly back into Green Power Switch.
Upon credit approval, the following steps are taken:
You select a contractor from our Quality Contractor Network.
The contractor completes installation and notifies Gibson EMC when your heat pump is ready for inspection.
A Gibson EMC certified technician inspects your heat pump to be sure it meets all manufacturer's and program specifications.
Upon inspection approval, Gibson EMC pays the contractor for the heat pump and installation fee.
A UCC-1 Fixture Filing is filed by Gibson EMC as security for the loan.
Loan repayment is included on your monthly electric bill.
Heat Pump Dealers:
Air MD Inc., Humboldt — 784-7106
Flatt Heating & Air Conditioning, Newbern — 627-2581
Heglar Plumbing & Electric Co., Inc., Humboldt— 784-3642
Hiller Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical, Jackson— 423-0500
Johnson Heating and Air, Union City— 885-8325
Kyle’s Refrigeration & Electrical Service, Kenton — 749-0365
McCoy Heating & Air Conditioning, Jackson — 668-7492
Parham Refrigeration, Trenton — 692-3636
Parker Heating & Cooling, Dyer — 414-6930
Quality Service, Inc., Ripley — 635-3452
Quality Sheet Metal, Lexington — 968-8383
Smallman Heating and Air, Fulton — 270-472-1912
Williams Heating & Cooling, Friendship—656-2231
Windle HVAC Services, Dyersburg—285-7970
Water Heater Dealers:
Ace Building Center, Trenton — 731-855-2991
Alamo Construction Co., Alamo — 731-696-5535
Bells Hardware Co., Bells — 731-663-2367
BR Supply, Humboldt — 731-784-1111
BR Supply, Milan—731-686-9353
BR Supply, Trenton — 731-855-1895
BR Supply, Union City — 731-885-1460
Builders Supply of South Fulton , South Fulton—731-479-3140
Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts, Hickman—270-236-9996
City Lumber Co., Dyer — 731-692-2287
Heglar Plumbing and Electric, Humboldt—731-784-3642
Hiller Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical—731-423-0500
Hockers, Inc., Arlington—270-655-6777
Home Builders Mart, Union City— 731-885-1544
Kenny Pipe and Supply, Jackson — 731-422-2531
Larry Whitten Electrical, Alamo — 731-696-5936
Medina Service and Supply, Medina — 731-783-3516
Newbern Hardware Co., Newbern— 731-627-3219
Sanderson Hardware, Kenton — 731-749-5214
Troy Hardware, Troy—731-536-4709
Wesley Whitten, Alamo— 731-345-9728
Winnelson, Dyersburg — 731-285-9046
Yates and Sons, Tiptonville — 731-253-7426
Visit any Gibson EMC Member Service Center to purchase a high-quality Meco electric grill or smoker.
Meco Deluxe Cart Grill 9329W - $171 plus tax
- 200 square inches of usable cooking surface
- Thermostatic controls and variable 1500-watt, UL-listed heating element specifically designed for barbecuing
- Safe for outdoor cooking
- Heat-saving reflector pan
- Handy grease cup
- Standard 120-volt grounded plug
- Heavy-duty steel cart with easy rolling wheels
- Food view window.
H20 Smoker 5030 - $81 plus tax
- 351 square inches of usable cooking surface
- Two nickel-plated cooking grids with handles for two-level cooking
- Porcelainized, 5-1/2 quart water pan
- Heat-resistant wooden side and hood handles
- Sliding access doors for checking and adding to the water levels
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Flavor channels direct smoke for maximum food flavoring and add structural strength to the smoker
- UL-listed, 1650-watt heating element plugs into standard household outlet
- Removable thermostat control with low-medium-high setting
- Converts to electric lock and go portable grill.
Gibson Electric Membership Corporation’s member service centers now offer Midland WR-120 weather radios that provide:
- Up-to-the-minute weather, hazard and civil emergency information
- SAME localized reception which allows for up to 25 county alerts
- Seven NOAA channels
- Alarm clock with full-time displays
- User selectable warning syste
- Emergency power backup
They are priced affordably at $33 (plus tax). You may pay for the weather radio at the time of purchase or have it charged to your next Gibson EMC electric bill. Call or visit your local member service center for details. Click here for locations and phone numbers.
Gibson EMC's Outdoor Lighting is a smart choice for a variety of reasons:
- Security — Outdoor lighting may provide a deterrent to intruders, prowlers and vandals. It illuminates those who may threaten your property and its occupants, and it gives the impression that someone is present… even when you’re away.
- Safety — Outdoor lighting helps to prevent accidents due to inadequate lighting. One 100-watt high pressure sodium light can illuminate a radius of about 125 feet.
- Convenience — You never need to worry about turning lights on and off. Outdoor lighting comes on automatically as dusk falls, and shuts off with the morning light.
- About 31 cents per day — You can lease a 65-watt LED outdoor light fixture. Larger fixtures are also available.
There is a one-time $30 light fixture installation fee. And, if it is necessary to provide a pole for the light, there is a one-time $30 pole installation fee and a monthly $3.40 fee for a wood pole. View the complete Kentucky Outdoor Lighting Fees list or Tennessee Outdoor Lighting Fees list for other light fixture and pole options.
In every outage, Gibson Electric Membership Corporation works as quickly as possible to restore power to its member-owners.
However, the cooperative also maintains a list of members who have demonstrated medical necessity for Priority Service. These accounts are flagged in Gibson EMC’s member database. They are contacted before planned outages and are given priority in weather-related and other emergency outages.
All households with residents dependent upon life support should call 731-562-1615 or contact any Gibson EMC member service center. A medical verification letter from an attending physician will be required for Priority Service status.
Levelized Billing is a program that helps members to equalize or level out monthly bill payments and lessen the impact of seasonal fluctuations. With Levelized Billing, Gibson EMC averages your current month’s electricity usage with your previous 11 month’s’ usage to arrive at approximately equal bills. With each new month, you may see slight fluctuations in your billed amount, but there is usually not more than a $20 variance.
Enrolling is easy:
- On our Home Page, click on “Pay Bill Online” in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to our “Member Services Portal.”
- Go to the “Services” tab and click on “Levelized Billing.”
- Log in to your account with your account number and password. Your account number is found in the top left corner of your electric bill. A Gibson EMC assigned password is found near the middle of your bill until you set your own password. Then it no longer appears on your bill. (If you don’t have a Gibson EMC bill, call your local member service center and they assist you.)
- Follow portal instructions.
Please note: A member cannot have an outstanding balance at the time of enrollment and PAY-Go participants are not eligible for Levelized Billing.
If you have questions about Levelized Billing or any other program, call or come by your local member service center.
What is Pay-Go?
Pay-Go is a pay before consumption program and an alternative to Traditional Billing.
How Pay-Go works
New or existing residential customers may choose to participate. Of course, applicable fees must be paid prior to the commencement of service. Existing members with account balances may pay either the account balance or utilize a debt recovery mechanism. (Call for details regarding the debt recovery mechanism.) Members with a Gibson EMC heat pump loan and/or water heater loan are not eligible for Pay-Go.
With Pay-Go you pay for electricity in advance; and as you use electricity, your account balance decreases. A minimum payment of $40 is required for respresentative assisted payments, but participants may pay any amount or any time of the day or night using Gibson EMC's automated phone system or through this site. Payments may be made by phone or online using Check-by-Phone, or debit or credit VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
Should your Pay-Go account reach a debit or negative balance, your electricity will be automatically disconnected. Therefore, it is important for you to closely monitor your account balance. We make this easy. You can check your account balance online, opt to receive a low balance e-mail, text or automated phone message alert. Monthly statements are not sent to Pay-Go participants.
Rates and other charges
Members who choose Pay-Go pay the same electric rate, the same $5 membership fee, and the same connection fees ($40 during regular office hours and $80 after regular office hours) as those who choose Traditional Billing. In addition to the membership fee and the connection fee, a participant must also pay $40 toward his/her account balance. In other words, the participant pre-pays for $40 of electricity. After set-up, there is a $40 minimum payment for representative assisted transactions, but there is no minimum payment for our telephone automated attendant transactions or for payments received through this website. Pay-Go participants are not required to pay a deposit.
FOR MORE PAYMENT OPTIONS, CLICK HERE.