FINANCING ENERGY IMPROVEMENTS
Cut energy costs and improve comfort with an energy-efficient electric heat pump or conventional electric water heater.
Heat Pump Financing:
- Finance heat pump equipment, installation costs and even added insulation upon credit approval.
- There is no down-payment required. Payments are added to your monthly electric bill.
- Loan amounts are offered up to $12,500 for a single heat pump unit and $15,000 for multiple or advanced heat pump units.
- Applicant(s) must be Gibson EMC member(s) for a minimum of six months, and be the legal owner of the property where the heat pump is to be installed.
- Loans are non-transferable, and must be paid off to release lien.
- A contractor must be selected from our Quality Contractor Network, and installation must meet program specifications and pass Gibson EMC program inspection for funding.
- For a complete process guide, please see below.
To print a heat pump financing application, click HERE. Fill out both pages and return it to your local member service center, fax it to 731.562.0006 or mail it to Gibson EMC, P.O. Box 47, Trenton, TN 38382.
Water Heater Financing:
- Interest-free financing for 36 months
- No down-payment required. A $30 processing fee will be added to the financed amount.
- Finance water heater equipment up to $600.
- Finance up to $100 of installation costs for electric to electric replacements or $175 for gas to electric replacements.
- The purchase and installation are quick and convenient. Visit one of our participating water heater dealers, make your selection and sign a Gibson EMC financing agreement.
- Gibson EMC pays the dealer and sets up interest-free financing on your monthly electric bill.
Heat Pump Financing Program Process Guide for Members
- Member(s) print, complete and submit Heat Pump Financing Loan Application and Participation Agreement found here.
- Member can either mail Application and Agreement to Gibson EMC, P.O. Box 47, Trenton, TN 38382, fax to 731.562.0006 or drop-off at any Gibson EMC Member Service Center.
- Member receives letter from Gibson EMC regarding approval or denial of application.
- If approved, member selects Quality Contractor from list provided with letter.
- Member obtains bid from Quality Contractor for heat pump and installation.
- Member submits Contractor bid to Gibson EMC.
- Member receives call from Gibson EMC to schedule loan closing and meets with Gibson EMC representative to close loan.
- Member notifies Quality Contractor that closing and 3-day rescission period has passed so work can begin on installation. If authorized by member, Gibson EMC Member Services Assistant can affirm with the Quality Contractor that member has closed the loan and 3-day rescission period has passed.
- Member notifies Gibson EMC when installation is ready for inspection.
- Gibson EMC representative performs inspection to ensure installation meets program requirements.
- Once the installation passes inspection, Gibson EMC issues loan funds minus the UCC-1 fixture filing fee to the Quality Contractor.
Heat Pump Contractors:
Air MD Inc., Humboldt — 784-7106
Flatt Heating & Air Conditioning, Newbern — 627-2581
Heglar Plumbing & Electric Co., Inc., Humboldt— 784-3642
Hiller Heating, Cooling, Plumbing, and Electrical, Jackson— 423-0500
Johnson Heating and Air, Union City— 885-8325
Kyle’s Refrigeration & Electrical Service, Kenton — 749-0365
McCoy Heating & Air Conditioning, Jackson — 668-7492
Parham Refrigeration, Trenton — 692-3636
Quality Service, Inc., Ripley — 635-3452
Quality Sheet Metal, Lexington — 968-8383
Smallman Heating and Air, Fulton — 270-472-1912
Williams Heating & Cooling, Friendship—656-2231
Windle HVAC Services, Dyersburg—285-7970
Water Heater Dealers:
Ace Building Center, Trenton — 731-855-2991
Alamo Construction Co., Alamo — 731-696-5535
Bells Hardware Co., Bells — 731-663-2367
BR Supply, Humboldt — 731-784-1111
BR Supply, Milan—731-686-9353
BR Supply, Trenton — 731-855-1895
BR Supply, Union City — 731-885-1460
Builders Supply of South Fulton , South Fulton—731-479-3140
Bumper to Bumper Auto Parts, Hickman—270-236-9996
City Lumber Co., Dyer — 731-692-2287
Heglar Plumbing and Electric, Humboldt—731-784-3642
Hiller Heating, Cooling, Plumbing and Electrical—731-423-0500
Hockers, Inc., Arlington—270-655-6777
Home Builders Mart, Union City— 731-885-1544
Kenny Pipe and Supply, Jackson — 731-422-2531
Larry Whitten Electrical, Alamo — 731-696-5936
Medina Service and Supply, Medina — 731-783-3516
Newbern Hardware Co., Newbern— 731-627-3219
Sanderson Hardware, Kenton — 731-749-5214
Troy Hardware, Troy—731-536-4709
Wesley Whitten, Alamo— 731-345-9728
Winnelson, Dyersburg — 731-285-9046
Yates and Sons, Tiptonville — 731-253-7426
Visit any Gibson EMC Member Service Center to purchase a high-quality Meco electric grill or smoker.
Meco Deluxe Cart Grill 9329W - $171 plus tax
- 200 square inches of usable cooking surface
- Thermostatic controls and variable 1500-watt, UL-listed heating element specifically designed for barbecuing
- Safe for outdoor cooking
- Heat-saving reflector pan
- Handy grease cup
- Standard 120-volt grounded plug
- Heavy-duty steel cart with easy rolling wheels
- Food view window.
H20 Smoker 5030 - $81 plus tax
- 351 square inches of usable cooking surface
- Two nickel-plated cooking grids with handles for two-level cooking
- Porcelainized, 5-1/2 quart water pan
- Heat-resistant wooden side and hood handles
- Sliding access doors for checking and adding to the water levels
- Built-in temperature gauge
- Flavor channels direct smoke for maximum food flavoring and add structural strength to the smoker
- UL-listed, 1650-watt heating element plugs into standard household outlet
- Removable thermostat control with low-medium-high setting
- Converts to electric lock and go portable grill.
Gibson Electric Membership Corporation’s member service centers now offer Midland WR-120 weather radios that provide:
- Up-to-the-minute weather, hazard and civil emergency information
- SAME localized reception which allows for up to 25 county alerts
- Seven NOAA channels
- Alarm clock with full-time displays
- User selectable warning syste
- Emergency power backup
They are priced affordably at $33 (plus tax). You may pay for the weather radio at the time of purchase or have it charged to your next Gibson EMC electric bill. Call or visit your local member service center for details. Click here for locations and phone numbers.
Gibson EMC's Outdoor Lighting is a smart choice for a variety of reasons:
- Security — Outdoor lighting may provide a deterrent to intruders, prowlers and vandals. It illuminates those who may threaten your property and its occupants, and it gives the impression that someone is present… even when you’re away.
- Safety — Outdoor lighting helps to prevent accidents due to inadequate lighting. One 100-watt high pressure sodium light can illuminate a radius of about 125 feet.
- Convenience — You never need to worry about turning lights on and off. Outdoor lighting comes on automatically as dusk falls, and shuts off with the morning light.
- About 31 cents per day — You can lease a 65-watt LED outdoor light fixture. Larger fixtures are also available.
There is a one-time $30 light fixture installation fee. And, if it is necessary to provide a pole for the light, there is a one-time $30 pole installation fee and a monthly $3.40 fee for a wood pole. View the complete Kentucky Outdoor Lighting Fees list or Tennessee Outdoor Lighting Fees list for other light fixture and pole options.
Gibson EMC offers a meter base protector that is installed behind your electric meter. The meter base protector diverts the largest portion of a transient voltage surge safely into the ground, helping to protect your home. See the Manufacturer Warranty for specifics on what the Surge Alert equipment will cover.
You may purchase this equipment at your local Gibson EMC Member Service Center for $134.63, plus applicable sales tax and an installation fee of $29.99.
We offer three easy payment options:
- Payment at the time of purchase
- One installment on your next electric bill
- Three equal monthly installments commencing on the next electric bill. (A $5.00 administrative charge is added to the price of the equipment and the installation fee.)
We also recommend you purchase plug-in surge protectors to provide additional protection for your sensitive electronic equipment, appliances, etc…. Plug-in surge protectors can be purchased from a local retailer.
Meter base protector product warranty is limited to that of the manufacturer (PEMCO). Please see the Manufacturer Warranty to understand what is and what is not covered. Gibson EMC provides no warranties of any kind, expressed or implied including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. Gibson EMC will not perform warranty repairs of any kind. Gibson EMC is not responsible, and will not be held liable for special, indirect, or consequential damages including injury or damage to property or person, whether in contract, in tort, under warranty or otherwise.
In every outage, Gibson Electric Membership Corporation works as quickly as possible to restore power to its member-owners.
However, the cooperative also maintains a list of members who have demonstrated medical necessity for Priority Service. These accounts are flagged in Gibson EMC’s member database. They are contacted before planned outages and are given priority in weather-related and other emergency outages.
All households with residents dependent upon life support should call 731-562-1615 or contact any Gibson EMC member service center. A medical verification letter from an attending physician will be required for Priority Service status.
Levelized Billing is a program that helps members to equalize or level out monthly bill payments and lessen the impact of seasonal fluctuations. With Levelized Billing, Gibson EMC averages your current month’s electricity usage with your previous 11 month’s’ usage to arrive at approximately equal bills. With each new month, you may see slight fluctuations in your billed amount, but there is usually not more than a $20 variance.
Enrolling is easy:
- On our Home Page, click on “Pay Bill Online” in the top right corner of the screen. This will take you to our “Member Services Portal.”
- Go to the “Services” tab and click on “Levelized Billing.”
- Log in to your account with your account number and password. Your account number is found in the top left corner of your electric bill. A Gibson EMC assigned password is found near the middle of your bill until you set your own password. Then it no longer appears on your bill. (If you don’t have a Gibson EMC bill, call your local member service center and they assist you.)
- Follow portal instructions.
Please note: A member cannot have an outstanding balance at the time of enrollment and PAY-Go participants are not eligible for Levelized Billing.
If you have questions about Levelized Billing or any other program, call or come by your local member service center.
Take control of your energy. Download our mobile app by searching "Gibson EMC" in the App Store or Google Play. It will allow you to manage your account, view and pay your bill, monitor your usage, report outages and much more!
What is Pay-Go?
Pay-Go is a pay before consumption program and an alternative to Traditional Billing.
How Pay-Go works
New or existing residential customers may choose to participate. Of course, applicable fees must be paid prior to the commencement of service. Existing members with account balances may pay either the account balance or utilize a debt recovery mechanism. (Call for details regarding the debt recovery mechanism.) Members with a Gibson EMC heat pump loan and/or water heater loan are not eligible for Pay-Go.
With Pay-Go you pay for electricity in advance; and as you use electricity, your account balance decreases. A minimum payment of $40 is required for respresentative assisted payments, but participants may pay any amount or any time of the day or night using Gibson EMC's automated phone system or through this site. Payments may be made by phone or online using Check-by-Phone, or debit or credit VISA, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
Should your Pay-Go account reach a debit or negative balance, your electricity will be automatically disconnected. Therefore, it is important for you to closely monitor your account balance. We make this easy. You can check your account balance online, opt to receive a low balance e-mail, text or automated phone message alert. Monthly statements are not sent to Pay-Go participants.
Rates and other charges
Members who choose Pay-Go pay the same electric rate, the same $5 membership fee, and the same connection fees ($40 during regular office hours and $80 after regular office hours) as those who choose Traditional Billing. In addition to the membership fee and the connection fee, a participant must also pay $40 toward his/her account balance. In other words, the participant pre-pays for $40 of electricity. After set-up, there is a $40 minimum payment for representative assisted transactions, but there is no minimum payment for our telephone automated attendant transactions or for payments received through this website. Pay-Go participants are not required to pay a deposit.
FOR MORE PAYMENT OPTIONS, CLICK HERE.