Gibson EMC has a COMMUNICATIONS AND MARKETING SPECIALIST position open in our Trenton Corporate Office at 1207 S. College St., Trenton, TN. This position develops and executes a communications and marketing plan consistent with the Gibson EMC and Gibson Connect long-term strategic plan. The position creates and disseminates print and digital materials to: educate members and employees on important news and issues, grow and maintain the positive relationship of Gibson EMC/Connect with members, employees, and the public, grow participation in the EMC/Connect programs and services, as well as expand and retain Connect’s subscriber base.
Qualified applicants MUST have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, marketing or closely related field
- One to two years of communications and/or marketing work experience
- Strong writing, marketing and digital media knowledge and skills
- Ability to create professional, attractive, and engaging print and digital communications and marketing materials/platforms
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive internal and external information
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and Quark, as well as audio and video editing, presentation, and social media management software.
It is PREFERRED that an applicant also have:
- Completed courses in digital media and digital marketing
- Communications and marketing experience in a competitive environment, preferably within the telecommunications industry
- Digital media communications and marketing experience
- One to two years of experience using Adobe Creative Suite and/or Quark software
- Ability to use Word Press
- Experience in web Design and animation
If you meet the qualifications and would like to apply for this position, you can view the position description and obtain the application here. To be considered, we must receive your fully completed Gibson EMC application form, your Bachelor’s degree transcript(s) and a communications/marketing portfolio representative of your communications and marketing work product. Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Completed forms should be submitted by:
1) emailing to email@example.com;
2) faxing to 731-562-1317,
3) mailing to Gibson EMC, ATTN: Human Resources, P.O. Box 47, Trenton, TN 38382, or
4) dropping off at your local Gibson EMC member service center.
Applications and documents must be received by April 14, 2020.
Gibson Electric Membership Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
As a federal contractor subject to the nondiscrimination and affirmative action obligations of Executive Order 11246, as amended, and its implementing regulations, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and its implementing regulations at 41 CFR § 60-741, and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act, as amended, and its implementing regulations at 41 CFR § 60-300, Gibson Electric Membership Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "the Cooperative"), with the full support of the President & CEO, reaffirms that it will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, or status as a protected veteran and will employ and advance in employment all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, or status as a protected veteran at all levels of employment, including the executive level, and will base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.