Gibson Connect has a full-time Tech Support 1 position open for our Trenton Member Service Center at 1207A S. College St., Trenton, TN.
This position schedules and confirms service appointments, resolves technical and non-technical customer problems/complaints, provides technical support for customers and employees, and coordinates setup and transfer of new telephone service to Gibson Connect.
A complete Position Description can be found at gibsonconnect.com, Jobs4TN.gov and FocusTalent.ky.gov.
The shift for this position is eight hours per day, five days a week from 2:30 PM until 11 PM with a 30-minute meal break. Employee must respond immediately to 24-hour call-out and work overtime as needed, including weekends, nights, and holidays.
Qualified applicants must have:
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- One to two years of administrative experience
- One to two years in a customer service position
- Ability to effectively communicate with and courteously assist member-owners, other employees, and the public in person and by telephone
It is preferred that an applicant have:
- Associates degree in technology or other related field of study. Directly related experience may be substituted for a portion of the education preference.
- Certifications or courses related to provisioning, technical services, information technology, and fiber/telecommunications
- Three to five years of administrative experience in telecom field
- Three to five years of experience in a telecom customer service position
- One to two years of experience in telecom technical support
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate in writing
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please complete this application.
Completed forms should be submitted by
1) emailing to email@example.com;
2) faxing to 731-562-1317,
3) mailing to Gibson Connect, ATTN: Human Resources, P.O. Box 47, Trenton, TN 38382, or
4) dropping off at your local Gibson EMC member service center.
Applications must be received by July 14, 2020.
Gibson Electric Membership Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.
As a federal contractor subject to the nondiscrimination and affirmative action obligations of Executive Order 11246, as amended, and its implementing regulations, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and its implementing regulations at 41 CFR § 60-741, and the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act, as amended, and its implementing regulations at 41 CFR § 60-300, Gibson Electric Membership Corporation (hereinafter referred to as "the Cooperative"), with the full support of the President & CEO, reaffirms that it will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, or status as a protected veteran and will employ and advance in employment all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability status, or status as a protected veteran at all levels of employment, including the executive level, and will base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.