With the impact of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) disrupting much of our daily lives, Gibson Electric Membership Corporation and Gibson Connect want to assure our consumer-members that we are here for you. We are committed to providing safe and reliable service throughout the duration of this public health crisis and we will work with those of you who are facing disconnection on a case-by-case basis.
We are monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and from federal, state and local officials to do what we can to contain the spread of the virus. With this in mind, we have made the following modifications to operations:
- Our lobbies are closed to walk-in traffic;
- Our drive-through windows will remain open with hours from 7:30 AM – 4 PM;
- Our community rooms are closed;
- Understanding the financial hardship that this pandemic may create for our members, our staff will work with members facing disconnection on a case-by-case basis to make payment arrangements.
Gibson EMC and Gibson Connect will continue to respond to outages and answer your telephone calls 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Members can pay their Gibson EMC bills through the website at gibsonemc.com, the free Gibson EMC app, the automated telephone payment system and kiosks. Gibson Connect customers can pay their bills through the website at gibsonconnect.com, the free SmartHub app and the automated telephone payment system.
It is unfortunate that some will use events like this to take advantage of others. Gibson EMC reminds members to be aware of scams targeting utility consumers. Gibson EMC and Gibson Connect personnel will never…
- Call to threaten disconnection;
- Demand immediate payment with a prepaid card; or
- Ask for sensitive data like banking information via email or phone.
This is a fluid situation, and we recognize that many businesses, individuals and families may be impacted by these unprecedented events. As this situation evolves, Gibson EMC and Gibson Connect are committed to being responsive to the needs of our members, employees and communities.