Gibson EMC has an Apprentice/First Class Lineworker position open for our Tiptonville Member Service Center at 1515 Church St., Tiptonville, TN. We prefer to hire a First Class Lineworker for this position, but we will consider Apprentice applicants.
Gibson EMC also has an Apprentice Lineworker position open for our Troy Member Service Center at 602 C.C. Gurien Dr., Troy, TN. We prefer to hire an Apprentice Lineworker, but we will consider First Class Lineworker applicants.
Qualified applicants for either position must:
• Have a high school diploma or the equivalent;
• Be able to obtain a valid Class A Commercial Drivers’ License after hire;
• Live within or be willing to relocate to live within 20 statute miles or 20 minutes, whichever is less, of the Member Service Center to which he/she will report; and
• Be able to perform the essential functions of the applicable position description.
For the Tiptonville position, a qualified First Class Lineworker applicant must have successfully completed Apprentice Lineworker training and 54 months of on-the-job electric utility training.
For a qualified Apprentice Lineworker for either office, it is preferred but not required for the applicant to have earned the following National Career Readiness Certificate levels:
• Level 5 or Gold - Applied Mathematics
• Level 4 or Silver - Locating Information
• Level 4 or Silver - Reading for Information
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for any of these positions, please visit any American Job Center location in Tennessee or the Kentucky American Job Center at 416 South 6th Street in Paducah, KY.
Applications will be taken through March 9.
Gibson Electric Membership Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status.